So the reason these are called tea cakes is that you absolutely must eat them with tea. Otherwise they’re a bit dry.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour tea cake or mini muffin pan
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt
- In separate large bowl, melt butter and fold in sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stir until smooth.
- Spoon batter into mold (2/3 of the way)
- If desired, press blueberry into batter.
- Bake 10-15 minutes (10 if tea cake pan, 15 if mini muffin pan)