This is a truly traditional Thanksgiving dessert. This recipe serves 6.
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Bring milk to almost boiling (but not fully boiling) on medium heat.
- Stir in corn meal and molasses
- Continue to cook until mixture thickens and expands.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients: sugar, salt, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Pour into 6 6oz bowls.
- Place bowls in a pan with an inch of water and place in oven.
- Cook for 1.5 hours.